Los Angeles Lakers Team Salary
Quick: Tax team (~$11,084,564)
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Chris Kaman)
Roster Count: 11 guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Steve Blake, Steve Nash (injured), Jordan Farmar (injured)
SG: Jodie Meeks, Xavier Henry, Kobe Bryant (injured)
SF: Wesley Johnson, Nick Young
PF: Jordan Hill, Shawne Williams, Ryan Kelly
C: Pau Gasol, Robert Sacre, Chris Kaman
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Mike D’Antoni (four-year deal starting 2012/13, last year team option)
- Jim Buss — Owner and Vice President of Player Personnel
- Mitch Kupchak — General Manager
- Glenn Carraro — Assistant General Manager
- 2014 — Owe second-rounder to Milwaukee Bucks (Steve Nash, Wesley Johnson, Luke Ridnour).
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected, top-three protected through 2017, unprotected in 2018) to Phoenix Suns (Steve Nash).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (top-40 protected) to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard). If 2015 first-rounder not sent to Phoenix by 2017, pick to Orlando converts to 2017 and 2018 second-rounders.
- 6/27/13 — Selected Ryan Kelly (48th) in the 2013 NBA Draft
- 7/10/13 — Signed Robert Sacre to a three-year, $2.8 million contract (third season non/partially-guaranteed).
- 7/10/13 — Signed Jordan Farmar to a one-year, minimum contract for $1.1 million (pending buyout from Turkish club).
- 7/11/13 — Waived Metta World Peace via the amnesty provision.
- 7/11/13 — Signed Nick Young to a two-year, minimum contract at $2.3 million (second season player option).
- 7/12/13 — Signed Chris Kaman to a one-year, $3,183,000 contract.
- 7/14/13 — Signed Elias Harris on two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.3 million minimum contract.
- 7/15/13 — Signed Wesley Johnson to a one-year, $916k minimum contract.
- 7/17/13 — Received clearance on buyout for Jordan Farmar.
- 9/3/13 — Signed Shawne Williams to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1.1 million minimum contract.
- 9/5/13 — Signed Xavier Henry to a one-year, non-guaranteed $916k minimum contract.
- 9/17/13 — Signed Marcus Landry to a one-year, non-guaranteed $789k minimum contract.
- 9/20/13 — Signed Ryan Kelly to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/25/13 — Signed Eric Boateng to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/25/13 – Signed Darius Johnson-Odom to a one-year, non-guaranteed $789k minimum contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed Dan Gadzuric to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 11/25/13 — Signed Kobe Bryant to a two-year, 48.5 million extension.
Waived Players: Metta World Peace, Dan Gadzuric, Eric Boateng, Darius Johnson-Odom, Marcus Landry, Elias Harris
- Non-Bird: Andrew Goudelock
* The Lakers have rights on a long list of inactive players, none of which can be used in a sign and trade (Ron Harper, Shammond Williams, Karl Malone, Horace Grant, Jim Jackson, Ira Newble, Theo Ratliff, Mitch Richmond, John Salley, Brian Shaw and Joe Smith). Players who were not in the league last season cannot be signed and traded.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Ater Majok (2011-58th), Chinemelu Elonu (2009-59th), Sergei Lishouk (2004-49th)
Amnesty: Used on Metta World Peace — 2013/14 $7,727,280
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify HOOPSWORLD Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 12/4/13)